Quick start guide
How to use Contrelle...
Using Contrelle is as simple as using a tampon, though works in a very different way. But before you get started, watch our video and read the Instructions for Use (IFU) here. And do please check the list of contraindications and precautions before using Contrelle.
Choosing the right size
Contrelle is available in 3 sizes (Size 1, 2 and 3, you will find the number indicated in the hollow on the underside of the foam piece). Each size uses the same applicator.
You may need to experiment a little to find out which size suits you best. The sizing kit contains all 3 sizes and will help you find the most effective and comfortable fit for you. Finding the right size has nothing to do with the amount you leak, how much you weigh or how tall you are.
Every woman is different – the size you need depends on the size and shape of your vagina, as well as the amount of support or gentle pressure needed on your bladder to help stop leaks. Selecting the right size – using the sizing kit – is important so you get the most effective and comfortable fit to help stop your leaks when you laugh, cough, sneeze or exercise.
To find the right size for you, we suggest:
- First try Size 2
- Once inserted you should feel comfortable
- You should experience little or no urine leakage when you are active or when you cough
- If leakage occurs or the device moves, change to size 3
- Alternatively, if size 2 is not comfortable try Size 1
Some will find their size quickly, and others may need to try all three to find their perfect fit.
Contrelle is fitted properly if:
- You can walk for 15 minutes, cough, jump or run without any leakage or with substantially reduced leakage.
- You can’t feel it. Some women get used to the feel of Contrelle straight away. For others it can take a few weeks to find the correct placement.
- You are still able to urinate. Contrelle should not stop you from passing urine.
Don’t be put off if you still leak a little at first. This can be because your body is getting used to the fit or because you’re one of the few that will continue to leak but at a significantly reduced rate.
Please read the full Instructions for Use leaflet inside your Sizing Kit Pack before use.